Time for some procrastinatory reading material!
– Racked asks Why Women Love Loud Shoes. Loud as in clickity clackety, not as in bright.
– The New York Times magazine, T, had a lovely feature this past week called To the First Lady, With Love. Not for nothing, but FLOTUS also looks FANTASTIC in the photos.
– Kim France wrote a very touching essay called This Is Not My Beautiful House for Medium.
– Whoo hoo! Target’s next collab is with Victoria Beckham! [Refinery29]
– Thank you, Lainey. I needed some Idris Elba this week.
– Speaking of! Over at The Ringer, Allison P. Davis (who I love) interviews Lainey herself.
– It’s THE RAREST PASTA IN THE WORLD. [BBC]
– At Pajiba: Listen, Shut Up: The Unflappable Coolness of Allison Janney. Amen.
– This is a really interesting piece about high-frame-rate cinema (the new Ang Le movie is in HFR and apparently watching it is really unpleasant, in a literal sense). [Slate]
– Per Bon Appetit: ‘Election Cake’ Makes a Modern Day Resurgence. LET’S EAT SOME.
– Via Celebitchy, apparently Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky are dating. She has wide-ranging tastes in dudes.
– Town and Country brings us sixteen Halloween cocktails, so drink up.
– Speaking of drinking, via The Telegraph, I bring you a very British headline: Maths team plots route between 25,000 UK boozers. In case you want to know the speediest way to visit every pub in the UK.
– At Revelist, two women ate their way through the Gilmore Girls cookbook.
And, if you missed anything at GFY this week, some highlights:
- FLOTUS looked amazing this week.
- SO MANY celebs wore stripes; be still my heart!
- Chloe Sevigny looked BONKERS in Kenzo this week.
- Jenna Coleman has been making the rounds in many a pattern.
- Emma Stone was adorable on the cover of Vogue
- You guys, Lilo has opened a club in Greece. Please go and report back.